Showing all 2 results
Klonopin is a physician-approved medication used for the treatment of the symptoms of seizures in adults and children. It is also used to treat panic disorder in adults sometimes restless legs syndrome. As it belongs to a class of Benzodiazepines, it can also be used to treat sleeping disorders and alcohol withdrawal.
Klonopin belongs to a class of medicines called Benzodiazepine and Anticonvulsants. It is the brand name of Clonazepam. It works by calming the cells, tissues and nerves in the brain.
More Facts About Klonopin:
Klonopin blocks special receptors in the brain to reduce anxiety, stress, and difficulty relaxing. It is thought that Clonazepam works by enhancing the activity of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. It is a very commonly prescribed medication used to treat panic disorder in the USA.
Klonopin was patented in 1960 and went on sale in 1975 in the United States from Roche. It is available as a generic medication. In 2019, it was the 46th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than 15 million prescriptions. In many areas of the world, it is commonly used as a recreational drug.
How To Take Klonopin?
Klonopin is taken exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Any overdose or underdose or completely stopping it immediately can harm the health of a person.
Points to remember before taking Klonopin are:
- Read the medication guide before taking it.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not crush, chew or break it.
- While using the disintegrating tablet (wafer), make sure your hands are dry before you handle the tablet.
- Do not push the tablet through the foil. Do not break or split the tablet.
- The tablet should be placed in the mouth and allowed to melt. After the tablet has melted, drink a little amount of water.
Strengths Of Klonopin Available:
Klonopin is available both online and offline in the market in 2 different varieties. These are:
- Klonopin 1 mg, a small round-shaped, white-coloured tablet, R34 imprinted on it.
- Klonopin 2 mg, a small round-shaped, light blue-coloured tablet, 93834 imprinted on it.
Composition Of Klonopin:
Each Klonopin tablet contains 0.5/ 1 / 2 mg of clonazepam as the active ingredient and lactose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and corn starch as inactive ingredients in it.
Dosages Of Taking Klonopin:
The dosage of taking Klonopin varies from adults to children and is different for different diseases.
- For adults and children of 10 years and older, initially, 0.5 mg thrice a day. It may be altered by the doctor as per the requirement. The maximum dose is 20 mg per day.
- For children, up to 10 years or 30 kilograms (kg) of body weight, the dose is based on body weight and must be determined by your doctor. The dose is usually 0.01 to 0.03 mg per kilogram of body weight per day, given in 2 or 3 different doses. The maximum dose is usually not more than 0.05 mg per kg of body weight.
For Panic Disorder:
- For adults, initially 0.25 mg, twice a day. The doctor may adjust your dose according to the requirement. The maximum dose is 4 mg per day.
- For children, the dosage and use must be prescribed by the doctor.
For Restless Legs Syndrome:
- Both the dosage and use are to be prescribed by the doctor.
The function of Klonopin in the Human Body:
Klonopin belongs to a class of medicines called benzodiazepines. It works by increasing levels of a calming chemical, gamma-amino-butyric acid (GABA), in the brain. It relieves anxiety, stops seizures and relaxes tense muscles depending on the health condition of a person.
Storage of every medicine and medicinal product is an important aspect and is different for different medications. So we need to remember some points before storing any medicine.
Points to remember before storing Klonopin are:
- Store it at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celsius i.e. 68- 77 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it away from children’s reach.
- Do not store it in the bathroom.
- Do not keep it inside the refrigerator.
Overdose is a condition when a person takes an extra dose of medicine than the doctor prescribes for him/her. An overdose of any medication is dangerous to our health, so an overdose of Klonopin also has some bad effects on our health.
Overdose of Klonopin leads to severe drowsiness, confusion, loss of consciousness, and slowed/decreased reflexes which may lead to death.
Taking medicine at an improper time and irregularly leads to missed doses. People after missing a dose usually take a double dose which leads to overdose. In case you miss a dose, do not panic. Take the dose immediately or continue with your regular dose or consult your doctor.
Side Effects Of Using Klonopin:
Any medicine when used improper way shows dangerous adverse effects hence Klonopin shows. It shows both common and serious side effects.
Common Side Effects:
The common side effects are:
- Disturbed sleep
- Muscle weakness
Serious Side Effects:
The serious side effects are:
- Shallow breathing
- Jaundice or yellow skin
- Short breathing
- Improper body movements
- Lack of coordination
- Bleeding nose
- Racing heartbeats
- Cough and
- Mood change
Alternative Pills For Klonopin:
Finding the exact substitute is not possible, but there are some similar medications which are prescribed instead of Klonopin.
The natural substitutes are:
- Kava Kava
The medicinal substitutes are:
Precautions While Taking Klonopin:
Take some precautions before using Klonopin for anti-anxiety and other problems. These are:
- Test whether you are allergic to Klonopin or any other Benzodiazepines.
- Test whether you have any kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems or mental disorder.
- As drowsiness is one of its side effects, one should not drive, should not operate any machine or do any serious work as it can be dangerous.
- Klonopin can also reverse its effect of calming anxiety in old adults. So regular check-ups must be needed.
- Klonopin can also show its reverse effect in the case of children and cause restlessness, shaking and mood change.
- Using Klonopin while pregnant can harm your unborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to first consult a doctor and follow the advice.
- Do not take any other Benzodiazepines ( Xanax, Ativan, Valium, Versed, etc.) while taking Klonopin as it can cause some serious allergic reactions.
Other Medicine and Food Interactions:
One should make it clear to the doctor if he/she is taking any other medicines before the doctor prescribes Levitra as it can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Do not take these medicines with Klonopin:
- Sodium Oxybate
- Other drugs for sleep and anxiety
- Opioid pain or cough relievers
- Muscle relaxants
Other Food And Beverages Interaction:
Do not take these food items and beverages with Klonopin:
- Tea, coffee, colas and chocolate contains caffeine, which induces the sleeping effect of Klonopin.
- Intake of alcohol leads to drowsiness. So taking alcohol along with Klonopin can cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness and body imbalance.
- Smoking cigarettes along with Klonopin decreases the effectiveness of the drug.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How to buy Klonopin without a prescription?
The best method for buying Klonopin without any prescription is to buy it online as Klonopin is sold in the market with verified prescriptions only. Klonopin is available with and without prescription online with exciting offers and cashback.
Can I take Klonopin during day time?
Yes, Klonopin can be taken both during the day and night time but it should not be taken before driving and doing serious work as it causes drowsiness.