Showing all 3 results
Meridia is a medicine used to decrease the fat level of the body. It is also used to treat Obesity. It slashes down the extra body fat and helps in dropping body weight.
More Information On Meridia:
Meridia is sold under the generic name Sibutramine. It belongs to a class of medications called Anorexiants. It is an appetite suppressant used to decrease your appetite which indirectly decreases the body fat and makes you slim.
Meridia is a weight loss pill. It works in the body by altering the neurotransmitters within the brain and is used along with a low-calorie diet to get rid of obesity.
It was originally generated in the U.K. in 1988 and was verified and ready for sale in the U.S.A in the year 1995. But later in 2010, it was discontinued in the U.S.A and many countries due to its hazardous and fatal side effects.
How To Buy Meridia Online?
Meridia was available in the market with a verified medical prescription but now it has been discontinued in the market. But one can buy Meridia online very easily. There are many websites that sell Meridia both with and without a prescription. There are also some websites that sell Meridia without a prescription but charge you extra money for not providing prescriptions.
Composition Of Meridia:
Each 15 mg Meridia tablet contains Sibutramine Hydrochloride Monohydrate as the active ingredient and lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate as inactive ingredients in it.
Safe Ways To Take Meridia:
Take Meridia exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Any overdose or underdose or completely stopping it immediately can harm the health of a person.
Follow some specific ways before taking Meridia. These are:
- Read the medication guide properly before using it.
- Take this medication with food. Taking it with food can stop stomach problems.
- Shallow the tablet whole. Do not cut or crush.
- Do not pre-soak, lick or wet the tablet before placing it in the mouth.
- Take one tablet at a time.
Measure Of Dosage:
The dosage of taking Meridia varies from child to adult. The dose of Meridia depends upon the age, and severity of the disease. The prescribed dosages are:
- Adults have generally prescribed a dose of 10 mg per day.
- The dosage may be altered by the doctor according to the effects.
- The maximum dosage can be up to 15 mg per day and a minimum of 5 mg per day.
- Children below the age of 18 are not prescribed Reductil. If prescribed, the dosage and use are to be mentioned by the doctor.
Symptoms that are shown when any medicine is stopped suddenly or accidentally are called withdrawal symptoms. The withdrawal symptoms of Meridia are headaches, lack of energy, high blood pressure, diarrhea, stomach pain, vomiting, menstrual irregularities, and insomnia.
Negative Outcomes Of Using Meridia:
Any medicine when used improperly way shows dangerous outcomes hence Meridia shows. It shows both common and serious outcomes.
The common outcomes are:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty in sleeping
The serious outcomes are:
- Gastroenterology problems
- Stomach pain
- Tooth disorder
- Swelling in hands or feet
- Joint pain
- Leg cramps
- Unusual thoughts
- Respiratory infections
- Menstrual disorders
Other Medicine And Natural Products That Reduce Appetite:
Finding the exact substitute is not possible, but there are some similar medications that are prescribed instead of Meridia.
The natural substitutes are:
- Green tea extract
- Green coffee extract
- Cayenne pepper
The medicinal alternatives are:
Warning And Precautions:
Some precautions are needed to be taken by patients suffering from obesity before taking Meridia. These are:
- Describe both your physical and mental history before the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you were drug abused in the past as Meridia is habit forming.
- Do not take Meridia if you have kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- And do not drive, operate any machine, or do any serious work as drowsiness is one of the side effects of using Meridia. It can be dangerous.
- Do not wake up suddenly after sleep as it causes lightheadedness, dizziness, and fainting.
- Meridia causes constipation. So tell your doctor to change your diet accordingly.
- Using Meridia while pregnancy can cause birth defects or life-threatening symptoms in the newborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to first consult a doctor and follow the advice.
One should make it clear to the doctor if he/she is taking any other medicines before the doctor prescribes Meridia as it can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Do not take these medicines with Meridia:
Other Food And Beverages Interaction:
Do not take these food items and beverages with Meridia:
- Alcohol leads to drowsiness. So taking alcohol along with Meridia can cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, and body imbalance.
- Cigarette smoking with Meridia may decrease the effectiveness of the drug.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why is Meridia not prescribed in most countries?
Meridia is not prescribed by doctors in most countries as it has dreadful side effects such as cardiovascular diseases and heart strokes.
Is Meridia prescribed for children?
No Meridia is not prescribed and is appropriate for use by children as it has life-risky side effects. If used, the dosage and use are to be determined by the doctor.
How is Meridia taken? (With or without food)
Meridia can be taken both with and without food. But taking it without food can help you get rid of constipation.