Showing all 7 results
Opana ER 10 mg$533.00 – $1,560.00
Opana ER 15 mg$538.00 – $1,514.00
Opana ER 20 mg$548.00 – $1,519.00
Opana ER 30 mg$558.00 – $1,524.00
Opana ER 40 mg$562.00 – $1,529.00
Opana ER 5 mg$572.00 – $1,541.00
Opana ER 7.5 mg$579.00 – $1,547.00
In this day-to-day busy life, eighty out of every hundred people suffer from various diseases and these eighty, every 10-15 people suffer from Rheumatology problems, Orthopaedic problems, or general body pain.
To cure these problems the doctor prescribes Analgesics. Analgesics are of two types i.e. Anti-inflammatory Analgesics and Opioid Analgesics. Out of the two, Opioid Analgesics are the most prescribed and used analgesics to get rid of moderate to severe pain. Among all Opioid Analgesics, Opana ER is the most effective against pain.
Opana ER belongs to a class of drugs called Opioid Analgesics or Narcotic Analgesics. It is the brand name of Oxymorphone. This is an extended-release analgesic used to get relief from severe ongoing pain. It is such a drug whose alternative is still not found.
Under the brand name Oxymorphon, Opana ER was first developed in Germany in 1914. Later it was patented in the U.S.A in 1955 and it was first introduced in the U.S.A and other countries in 1959. It is one of the most prescribed medicines in the U.S.A. for severe pain.
Use Of Opana ER:
No doubt as Opana ER is an Opioid Analgesic variant, it is used to treat pain. It is a medication used to get rid of severe ongoing pain. And it is also used to get relief from chronic pain. It acts in the brain to change how a body feels and responds to pain.
It is an example of the long-term use of Opioids and works intensively to irradicate pain out of the body.
How To Buy Opana ER Online?
As Opana ER is banned in many countries, it is not available offline or in pharmaceutical stores but it is available on various online websites. These online websites sell Opana ER and its varieties with or without any prescription. But buying it without a prescription is always risky as it has some adverse side effects.
Methods Of Taking Opana ER:
Before taking Opana ER, the following methods should be obeyed:
- Take this medicine on empty stomach, 1 hour before food or 2 hours after food.
- Take this medication only through the mouth i.e. it should not be injected as it can cause serious side effects.
- Swallow the whole tablet. Do not chew, break or crush.
- Do not lick or wet the tablet before consuming it.
- Swallow the whole tablet with water.
Opana ER constitutes both active and inactive ingredients. Each Opana ER tablet contains 5 mg/ 7.5 mg/ 10 mg/ 15 mg/ 20 mg/ 30 mg/ 40 mg of Oxymorphone and inactive ingredients such as lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and pregelatinized starch.
Including these, the Opana ER 5 mg tablet contains FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake and Opana ER 10 mg tablet contains FD&C red no. 30 aluminum lake.
Action Of The Medicine On The Body:
Opana ER is a product of Opioid analgesics. When Opana ER travels to the brain through the bloodstream, the chemicals get attached to the brain cells. The linkage of these chemicals with the receptors produces the same biochemical processes that give people the feeling of pleasure in their day-to-day life activities.
Dosages (Extended Release):
The dosages of taking Opana ER are different for Opioid tolerant and non-Opioid tolerant. The dosages are:
- For non-opioid tolerant patients, 5 mg Opana ER is given in every 12 hours initially which may be increased to 10 mg every 12 hours. The dose may be altered by the doctor as per the intensity of the pain.
- For Opioid tolerant patients, 25 mg Opana ER is given per day initially, which may be altered by the doctor according to the pain of the patient.
What If A Person Stops Taking Opana ER Suddenly? (Withdrawal Symptoms):
Some people taking analgesics think that they have had enough analgesics and they do not require any more and some think that as analgesics are addictive, they stop taking them suddenly without the advice of the doctor.
Symptoms that are shown when any medicine is stopped suddenly or accidentally are called withdrawal symptoms. All analgesics have their withdrawal symptoms, hence Opana ER. The symptoms are anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, mild flu, nausea, goosebumps, potential drug cravings, etc.
How To Store Opana ER?
Storage of every medicine and medicinal product is an important aspect and is different for different medicines. So we need to remember some points before storing any medicine.
Points to remember before storing Opana ER are:
- Store it at a temperature between 20- 25 degrees Celcius i.e. 68- 77 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. at room temperature.
- Keep it away from light and moisture.
- Keep it in a place where children cannot reach it.
- Do not store it in the bathroom.
- Do not keep it inside the refrigerator.
Any medicine when used improperly way shows dangerous side effects hence Opana ER shows. It shows both common and serious side effects.
Common Side Effects:
The common side effects are:
- Stomach pain
Serious Side Effects:
The serious side effects are:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat
- Pause while breathing
- Blue colored lips
- Shallow breathing
- Chest pain
- Loss of appetite
- Fast heart rate
- Muscle stiffness
- Loss of coordination
Substitute Of Opana ER (Natural And Medicinal):
As it is mentioned above there is no exact substitute for Opana ER, there are some similar medications that are prescribed instead of Opana ER.
- Heat and ice
- Oramorph SR
Warning And Precautions:
Some precautions are needed to be taken by patients suffering from severe pain before taking Opana ER. These are:
- Test whether you are allergic to Opana ER or any other Opioids.
- Describe both your physical and mental history before the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you were drug abused in the past as Opana ER is habit-forming.
- Opana ER is not prescribed for those who have kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- As drowsiness is one of its side effects, one should not drive, should not operate any machine, or do any serious work as it can be dangerous.
- Using Opana ER while pregnant can cause birth defects or life-threatening symptoms in the newborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to first consult a doctor and follow the advice.
Reaction With Other Medicines And Food Items:
Before taking medicine, every patient asks a doctor about some other medicines and food items that should not be taken with the prescribed medicine.
One should make it clear to the doctor if he/she is taking any other medicines before the doctor prescribes Opana ER as it can be dangerous if some specific medicines and food items are taken with it.
Medicines that should not be taken with Opana ER are:
Food Items And Beverages Interaction:
Food items and beverages that should not be taken with Opana ER are:
- Grapefruit juice
- Alcohol leads to drowsiness. So taking alcohol along with Opana ER can cause severe drowsiness, dizziness, tiredness, and body imbalance.
- Cigarette smoking with Opana ER may decrease the effectiveness of the drug.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why Choose Opana ER Over Other Painkillers?
It depends upon the doctor how he/she diagnoses your pain and what he/she prescribes. But if the pain is severe and long-lasting, a doctor prescribes you Opana ER as it is the best extended-release medication and its perfect alternative is still not found in many countries of the world.
Is Opana ER An Immediate Release Tablet Or An Extended Release Tablet?
As the name suggests, Opana ER is undoubtedly an Extended-Release tablet. It performs the work of an extended-release medication to get relief from pain for a long period. Its impact on the body lasts longer i.e. up to a full day. So definitely it is an extended-release tablet.
Is Opana ER Safe For Children?
As per the guidelines of many countries, most analgesics or painkillers are not recommended for children’s use unless and until it is much necessary to take them.
Opana ER is one of the strong and effective analgesics, it is not recommended for use to get relief from pain in children.