Showing all 4 results
Claritin is a prescription medicine used to treat allergies. Allergies generally occur when some foreign particles enter our body and our immune system immediately reacts to them.
Claritin belongs to a class of medicine called Antihistamines. It is a brand name for Loratadine. It is used to treat skin hives, sneezing, cold, cough, watery eyes, and itching in different parts of the body including the eyes.
Buy Claritin Online: How To?
On this page, you can buy Claritin online in different doses, according to your doctor’s prescription. Just add the needed dose, by choosing the quantity of medicine, and add it to your cart. Then proceed, as per the instruction, and complete your shopping journey with Healthetive happily.
Availability Of Claritin in Healthetive:
The available strengths are:
- Claritin 5 mg: A small round-shaped purple-colored tablet.
- Claritin 10 mg: A small round-shaped white-colored tablet.
- Claritin 20 mg: A small round-shaped white-colored tablet.
- Claritin 30 mg: A small spherical white-colored capsule.
How Does Claritin Affect The Brain:
Claritin works on histamine receptors that are present in the brain and spinal cord along with other types of receptors. The most significant point about the newly updated Claritin is that they cross the blood-brain barrier, which results in drowsiness.
Methods Of Taking Claritin Safely:
Take Claritin exactly as prescribed by the doctor in the prescription. Any overdose or underdose or completely stopping it immediately can harm the health of a person.
Some specific rules and principles should be followed before taking Claritin. These are:
- Read the medication guide before taking it.
- Measure the oral liquid concentrate with the calibrated dropper and mix the concentrate with a small amount of liquid or food.
- Swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush, break, cut, chew, or dissolve it.
- Take one tablet at a time and once a day.
- Do not take this medicine through feeding tubes.
- If you have a problem swallowing the whole tablet, open it and sprinkle it over soft food, i.e. pudding, yogurt, jam, or into a cup and swallow immediately followed by a glass of water.
The dosage of taking Claritin varies in children and adults. The dosage depends upon the type and severity of the condition you’re using Claritin to treat, your age, the form of Claritin you take, and other medical conditions you may have.
Usual Adult Dose:
- Adults and children above the age of 6 years are usually prescribed 1 tablet i.e. 10 mg per day.
- One should not take more than 1 tablet per day.
Usual Children Dose:
- For children below the age of 6 years, the dosage and use should be determined by the doctor.
Symptoms that are shown when any medicine is stopped suddenly or accidentally are called withdrawal symptoms. Generally, all medicines have their withdrawal symptoms, hence Claritin. The symptoms are muscle aches, sweating, anxiety, thoughts of suicide, increased pulse, restlessness, fatigue, slow activity, depression, irritability, diarrhea, sleeping problems, and sensations of burning.
Side Effects Of Claritin (Common And Serious):
Any medicine when used improperly way shows dangerous adverse effects hence Claritin shows. It offers both common and serious adverse effects.
Common Side Effects:
The common side effects are:
- Feeling tired
- Stomach pain
- Dry mouth
- Feeling nervous
- Respiratory infections
Serious Side Effects:
The serious side effects are:
- Uneven heart rate
- Fast heartbeat
- Severe headache
Substitute Of Claritin:
Finding the exact substitute is not possible, but there are some similar medications that are prescribed instead of Claritin.
The natural substitutes are:
- Stinging nettle
The medicinal substitutes are:
Precautions And Warnings:
Some precautions are needed to be taken by patients suffering from severe allergies before taking Claritin. These are:
- Test whether you are allergic to Claritin or any other Antihistamines.
- Describe both your physical and mental history before the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you were drug abused in the past as Claritin is habit forming.
- Soma is not prescribed for those who have kidney disease, liver disease, glaucoma, lung/ breathing problems, or mental disorder.
- As drowsiness is one of its side effects, one should not drive, should not operate any machine, or do any serious work as it can be dangerous.
- Do not wake up suddenly after sleep as it causes lightheadedness, dizziness, and fainting.
- Claritin causes constipation. So tell your doctor to change your diet accordingly.
- Using Claritin while pregnancy can cause birth defects or life-threatening symptoms in the newborn baby.
- Breastfeeding mothers are advised to first consult a doctor and follow the advice.
Interaction With Other Medicines And Food Items:
One should make it clear to the doctor if he/she is taking any other medicines before the doctor prescribes Claritin as it can be dangerous if some specific medicines are taken with it.
Do not take these medicines with Claritin:
- Vitamin C
Food And Beverages Interactions:
Do not take these food items and beverages with Claritin:
- Grapefruit juice
- Apple juice
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does Claritin stay in your body?
Claritin remains active for the whole day i.e. 24 hours in the body. So it is taken once a day.
What is the basic difference between Claritin and other allergy relievers?
The basic difference between Claritin and other pain relievers is that Claritin has the least sedative effect as compared to others.
Is Claritin addictive?
Yes, Claritin is one of the addictive antihistamines as they work by blocking histamine receptors.