USES OF Xanax 1 mg
- The generic name of Xanax is “Alprazolam”.
- Xanax is a prescription medication used to treat symptoms of anxiety, panic disorder, and anxiety related to depression.
- You can use this medicine alone or with other medicines.
- Xanax 1 mg belongs to a class of drugs called Anti-anxiety Agents, Anxiolytics, and Benzodiazepines.
- Xanax 1 mg contains alprazolam which is a triazole analog of the 1,4 benzodiazepine class of central nervous system-active compounds.
- The chemical name of alprazolam(Xanax) is 8-Chloro-1-methyl-6-phenyl-4H-s-triazolo [4,3-α] [1,4] benzodiazepine.
- Corn Starch
- Docusate Sodium
- Magnesium Stearate
- Silicon Dioxide
- Sodium Benzoate
Note: The 0.5 mg tablet contains FD&C Yellow No. 6 and the Xanax 1 mg tablet contains FD&C Blue No. 2.
Before taking Xanax 1 mg (Alprazolam), tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it, or to other benzodiazepines (such as diazepam, and lorazepam); or if you have any other allergies.
Before taking this medicine, please inform your doctor or pharmacist of your medical history as follows:
- Severe Lung/Breathing Problems (Such As Copd, And Sleep Apnea)
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Drug Or Alcohol Addiction
Adult Dose for Anxiety:
- Immediate-release tablets/orally disintegrating tablets (ODT): 0.25 to 0.5 mg orally administered 3 times a day
- Maximum dose: 4 mg/day
Adult Dose for Panic Disorder:
- Immediate-release tablets/ODTs: 0.5 mg orally dispense 3 times a day
- Maximum dose: 10 mg/day
SIDE EFFECTS OF Xanax 1 mg
Common side effects
- Feeling Tired
- Slurred Speech
- Lack Of Balance Or Coordination
- Feeling Anxious Early In The Morning
- Memory Problems
Serious side effects
- Depressed Mood
- Thoughts Of Suicide Or Hurting Yourself
- Racing Thoughts
- Increased Energy
- Unusual Risk-Taking Behavior
- Uncontrolled Muscle Movements
- Convulsions (Seizure)
- Pounding Heartbeats Or Fluttering In Your Chest
Note: If you have any of the symptoms listed above, seek medical help immediately.
- Before using Xanax 1 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Store Xanax 1 mg (Alprazolam) in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.
Note: Xanax is also available in different variants.