USES OF Adderall XR 10 mg
- Adderall XR 10 mg is a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine.
- Do not take a large dose, and do not take it more often or for a longer time than prescribed by your doctor.
- The dose depends on your state of health and response to treatment.
- It is the extended-release version of Adderall.
- It may be used alone or with different medicines.
- Adderall XR 10 mg extended-release capsules may be taken whole, or the capsule may be opened and the entire contents sprinkled on applesauce.
- Dextroamphetamine Saccharate
- Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate
- Dextroamphetamine Sulfate
- Gelatin Capsules
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose
- Methacrylic Acid Copolymer
- Opadry Beige
- Sugar Spheres
- Triethyl Citrate
Before taking this medicine, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other sympathomimetic drugs (such as lisdexamfetamine); or if you have any other allergic reactions.
- Blood Circulation Problems
- Certain Mental/Mood Conditions (Such As Agitation, Psychosis)
- Heart Problems
- Eye Problem (Glaucoma)
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- High Blood Pressure
Like Adderall, Adderall XR 10 mg is dosed differently in adults, adolescents, and children. The initial dose of the medication will vary depending on your age and medical history.
Based on bioequivalence data, patients who take sub-doses of Adderall for immediate release (for example, twice a day) can switch to Adderall XR 10 mg at the same total daily dose taken once daily. Titrate at weekly intervals to the appropriate efficacy and tolerance as indicated.
Swallow the capsule whole. Do not crush or chew the capsules. This can lead to the release of all drugs at the same time, increasing the risk of side effects.
- Before using Adderall XR 10 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Store Adderall XR 10 mg (Amphetamine) in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.
Note: Adderall is also available in different variants.