- Methadone 5 mg is used to treat extreme pain (such as due to cancer).
- Use the larger doses of this medication, only if you have been taking moderate to high doses of opioid painkillers on a regular basis.
- Never take this medicine to treat minor pain that will go away in a few days.
- Opioid analgesics are the drug class of Methadone 5 mg.
- By affecting the brain, this drug changes how your body experiences and responds to pain.
- This drug should not be taken as needed usually.
- If someone has not been taking it consistently and takes an overdose then, it could result in death.
- It is helpful to prevent withdrawal syndrome which was caused by other medications.
- Methadone hydrochloride USP
- Silicon dioxide
- Lactose monohydrate
- Magnesium stearate
- Microcrystalline cellulose
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before taking Methadone 5 mg as follows
- Pancreatitis (disease of the pancreas).
- Difficulty urinating.
- Mental/mood disorders (depression or confusion).
- Breathing problems.
- Addiction to drugs.
- Brain disorders (tumor, head injury, seizures).
- Kidney & liver disease.
- Stomach/intestinal problems (constipation, blockage, diarrhea due to infection).
- Gallbladder disease.
As directed by the health care expert.
Common side effects
Severe side effects
- Nervous system disorders
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Decreased appetite
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Store Methadone 5 mg in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.
- Before using Methadone 5 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.