- Codeine 30 mg is used to treat moderate to severe ongoing pain.
- The constituent acetaminophen also helps to reduce fever.
- This medicine contains codeine and acetaminophen.
- Narcotic analgesic combinations are the drug class of this medicine.
- By affecting the brain, this drug changes how your body experiences and responds to pain.
- Codeine phosphate
- Silicon dioxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Croscarmellose sodium
- Microcrystalline cellulose
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before taking Codeine 30 mg as follows
- Brain disorders (tumor, head injury, seizures)
- Kidney disease & liver disease
- Difficulty urinating
- Stomach/intestinal problems (constipation, diarrhea due to infection)
- Gallbladder disease
- Pancreatitis (disease of the pancreas)
- Breathing problems
- Mental/mood disorders (depression or confusion)
- Allergic to opioid pain drugs or any other allergies.
As directed by the health care expert.
Common side effects
Severe side effects
- Problems with urination
- Tiredness or weakness
- Fast heart rate
- Before having this medication, read the label carefully.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Store Codeine in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.