- Vicodin 5-500 mg is used to treat extreme pain (such as due to cancer).
- Use the larger doses of this medication, only if you have been taking moderate to high doses of opioid painkillers on a regular basis.
- Never take this medicine to treat minor pain that will go away in a few days.
- Opioid analgesics are the drug class of Vicodin 5-500 mg.
- By affecting the brain, this drug changes how your body experiences and responds to pain.
- This drug should not be taken as needed usually.
- If someone has not been taking it consistently and takes an overdose then, it could result in death.
- It is helpful to prevent withdrawal syndrome which was caused by other medications.
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate
- Colloidal silicon dioxide
- Croscarmellose sodium
- Pregelatinized starch
- Stearic acid
- Magnesium stearate
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before taking Vicodin 5-500 mg as follows
- Pancreatitis (disease of the pancreas).
- Difficulty urinating.
- Mental/mood disorders (depression or confusion).
- Breathing problems.
- Addiction to drugs.
- Brain disorders (tumor, head injury, seizures).
- Kidney & liver disease.
- Stomach/intestinal problems (constipation, blockage, diarrhea due to infection).
- Gallbladder disease.
As directed by the health care expert.
Common side effects
- Impairment of mental and physical performance
Severe side effects
- Urinary retention
- Psychological dependence
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Store Vicodin 5-500 mg in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.
- Before using Vicodin 5-500 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
There are no reviews yet.