- This medicine is used to treat extreme pain (such as due to cancer).
- Opioid analgesics are the drug class of oxycodone HCl (Oxycontin OP 10 mg).
- By affecting the brain, Oxycontin OP 10 mg changes how your body experiences and response to pain.
- If someone has not been taking opioids consistently and take an overdose then, it could result in death.
- Never take Oxycontin OP 10 mg to treat minor pain that will go away in a few days.
- This drug should not be taken as needed usually.
- Oxycodone HCL
- Sorbic acid
- Sodium hydroxide
- Magnesium stearate
- Ammonio methacrylate copolymer
- Stearyl alcohol
- Polyethylene glycol 400
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before taking Oxycontin OP 10 mg as follows-
- Mental/mood disorders
- Difficulty urinating
- Stomach/intestinal problems
- Gallbladder disease
- Kidney disease & liver disease
- Breathing problems
- Brain disorders
As directed by the health care expert.
Common side effects
- Dry Mouth
Severe side effects
- Skin & Subcutaneous tissue disorders
- Nervous system disorders
- Nutrition disorders
- Before using Oxycontin OP 10 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Store Oxycontin OP 10 mg in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.