- The ADHD condition that is treated with Ritalin 10 mg is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
- Ritalin works by changing the brain’s concentrations of particular chemical molecules.
- Methylphenidate is a member of the stimulant drug subclass.
- This can improve your capacity for paying attention, sustaining attention during a task, and maintaining behavioral control.
- The development of listening skills and job organization may benefit from this medication.
- A specific sleep condition is also treated with this drug (narcolepsy).
- Methylphenidate hydrochloride
- Lactose monohydrate
- Polyethylene glycol
- Magnesium stearate
- Titanium dioxide
Precautions of Ritalin 10 mg
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before taking Ritalin as follows-
- Eye problem (glaucoma)
- Overactive thyroid
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Blood Circulation Problem (Raynaud’s disease)
- Mental Disorder (tension, bipolar disorder, depression)
- Heart problem (irregular heartbeat, heart failure)
- High blood pressure
As directed by the health care expert.
Side Effects of Ritalin 10 mg
Common side effects
- Excessive sweating
- Mood changes
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Increased blood pressure
Severe side effects
- A penis erection that is painful
- Before using Ritalin 10 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Store Ritalin in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.
Note: Ritalin is also available in different variants.