- Opioid analgesics are the drug class of oxycodone HCl (Oxycontin OC 20 mg).
- This medicine is used to treat extreme pain (such as due to cancer).
- By affecting the brain, Oxycontin OC 20 mg changes how your body experiences and responds to pain.
- Only use the larger doses of this medication, if you have been taking moderate to high doses of opioid painkillers on a regular basis.
- If someone has not been taking opioids consistently and take an overdose then, it could result in death.
- Never take Oxycontin OC 20 mg to treat minor pain that will go away in a few days.
- This drug should not be taken as needed usually.
- Oxycodone HCL
- Ammonio methacrylate copolymer
- Sorbic acid
- Sodium hydroxide
- Polyethylene glycol 400
- Magnesium stearate
- Stearyl alcohol
Inform your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history before taking Oxycontin OC 20 mg as follows-
- Difficulty urinating
- Stomach/intestinal problems (constipation, blockage, diarrhea due to infection)
- Gallbladder disease
- Kidney disease & liver disease
- Mental/mood disorders (depression or confusion)
- Breathing problems
- Brain disorders (tumor, head injury, seizures)
- Pancreatitis (disease of the pancreas)
- As directed by the health care expert.
Common side effects
Severe side effects
- Decreased appetite
- Diarrhea & Constipation
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Before using Oxycontin OC 20 mg, read the label carefully.
- Keep this medicine out of children’s reach.
- Avoid taking the extra doses as the doctor recommended.
- Children/pregnant women must consult a doctor before taking it.
- Store Oxycontin OC 20 mg in a dry, cool place & away from sun rays.